PURPOSE OF LIBERIA MERCY PARNERS
LIBERIA MERCY PARTNERS purpose is to partner with Individuals, Churches, and Non-Government Organizations to provide financial assistance to build Schools, support Students and Orphans, construct Churches, and support Agriculture Projects and Medical care in Liberia. West Africa. Our emphasis is on poor remote areas of the country.
This is accomplished by partnering with individuals in the U.S. to provide monthly financial investments into the lives of those less fortunate in Africa and to connect U.S. Churches with African Church movements to give support through training and gifts where needed. We also provide loans to small and large businesses that can bring self-sustaining employment to individuals or communities.
LMP will only partner with those groups in Africa that we have personal contact and knowledge of the work being done. Vision and encouragement trips are taken twice a year to the African organizations that are our partners.
WHO WE ARE
We incorporated on November 8, 2011 and are an approved 501c3 non-profit Public Benefit Corporation under the name Africa Mercy Partners. We operate under the name Liberia Mercy Partners because of possible conflicts with others who have similar names like “Africa Mercy” or Mercy Partners” in them and to eliminate confusion.
Our current board consists of 6 members:
- Kenneth DeWitt – President – a businessman, Banning, California
- Daniel DeWitt – Vice President – a businessman, Redlands, California
- David Yleah – Treasure – from Liberia, currently in Public Health in San Bernardino County, California. Beaumont, California
- Kevin Gillespie – business Attorney, Redlands, California
- Len Stob – Former Superintendent of Schools of Ontario Christian School system, Thomas Station, Tennessee
- Todd Williams – a businessman, co-founder of Containers of Hope, Brea, CA
- Mark Waldo – a retired agriculture farm owner
Our office is located at 301 9th St., #100, Redlands, California. Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff is made up of volunteers and all funds donated will go for the benefit of children and projects in Africa. A corporate sponsor pays our overhead.
We are a registered NGO under the name Liberia Mercy Partners in Liberia. Rev. Prince David Kpewoan, who resides in Monrovia, handles all financial operations in Liberia. His phone local phone number is 08865 12509 or 07773 83177. His email is email@example.com
WHERE WE WORK
Liberia Mercy Partners (LMP) is partnering with several ministries in Liberia. Liberia is a small country in the Central West Africa coast with a population of about 3,700,000. It is an English speaking country having been formed after the war of 1812 by freed slaves who were given an opportunity to form a free country of their own.
Liberia is expanding its public power by opening a new dam project and purchasing power from neighboring countries. Some running water is available at times in Monrovia however all other areas of the country depend on hand dug or drilled wells. Liberia has 85% unemployment and is ranked in the bottom percentage of per capita income and education availability. There is a strong base of Churches working to provide Elementary education to Liberian Children. Ebola struck in 2014 and devastated the country. It is slowly returning to normal again.
The Groups we are involved with are:
- Amazing Kids Academy – Pastor Emmanuel Garpue
- City of Refuge Champions Home – Rev. Jackson and Harriet Quenisear
- Christ Resurrection School System – Rev. Blatey Williams
- Community Churches Ministry of Liberia (CCM) – Rev. Jasper Williams
- Dr. Amos Miamen Ministries
- EARLY COOPER MEMORIAL ACADEMY (formerly Janila Academy) – Beatrice Cooper
- Forestland School – Rev. Ebenezer Browne
- Genesis Farm Project – Joseph Woah
- H & P Firm Foundation School – Marpah Flomo
- Hidden Eye College (K – 12 School) – Rev. Jackson Quenisear
- Interdenominational Youth for Jesus Christ – Robert Luqui
- Karyee Clinic Project – Rev. Prince Kpewoan
- Kormah Shepherdhood Mission School, (K – 9) – Jallah Kormah, Vonjoima, Lofa
- Kingdom Care Medical Clinic – Dr. Martha Zarway
- The Lords Prayer Ministries – Rev. John Kpewoan
- R.E.A.P – Restoration of Educational Advancement Programs – Christine Tolbert Norman
- REFUGE PLACE INTERNATIONAL (RPI) – Dr. Masoka Fallah
- Rose of Sharon Church and Ministries, Liberia – Rev. James Kartee
- SOUL HARVEST MISSION SCHOOL – Pastor Emanuel Roberts
- VONZUA SCHOOL AND ORPHANGE – Pastor Joe and Joy Zubah